Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Altitude

This one is not quite finished, but I like the idea that I awoke with this morning.



I have an attitude about altitude,
about flying on waxy wings
following sunbeams
back to where night's chill
replenishes.

What if Icarus could have flown
over the rainbow with the bluebirds,
would we then be able to believe
in the power of our dreams?

Warnings are warnings,
best heeded, and then seen
in the piercing light of the heart.
We are born lie detectors
with lifetime batteries
if only we believe it.

For now, I'll keep shooting arrows
at shooting stars, I'll be
careful to follow the arc of the universe
for the boomerang effect.

I've drooled on enough pillows
to know that dreams
are night's rollercoaster--
maintenance is required.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I like it too. Doesn't need much polishing at all

sing4u said...

you posted this the day before you picked me up at the airport