Friday, April 30, 2010

Anti-Biotic

In my old age,
my luminous doom
transforms
into the bacterial helpers
of a digestive system
no longer attacked by antibiotics.

The dark skirts of my anti-angel
swish and menace only in memory
now transformed into polished
prose agates and newly-sprouted seeds.

A stone on the river bed
has traveled further,
but my monsoon days are returned,
scented with sweet rain and dust.

The white fire of the stars
greets my eyes new as eggs,
a childhood postponed
turns tinker toys into houses.

My luminous doom,
light as moths now,
sturdy as hand-worn tools,
vanished into something sharp
and piercing as winter sunlight.

Note: My birthday poem. My 30th poem this month! I've impressed myself, and that feels very cool!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You did it! Great job. I'm impressed.